Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I plead guilty to harassment in the second degree three

Customer Question
Hello, I plead guilty to...
Hello, I plead guilty to harassment in the second degree three years ago. I was told to not come in contact with the person and stay out of trouble for one year, which I did. Isharassment I the second degree considered an offense and since I plead guilty, will that guilty plea be on my record?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Did you enter an agreement with the prosecutor that said they'd dismiss the charges if you avoided contact with the other person for a year? Or did a judge say that he finds you are guilty and sentence you to one year of probation?

In New York, harassment in the second degree is a violation. It would still show up on your criminal record if you were convicted.

If you're not sure what happened, you search for a copy of your criminal record online.

https://www.nycourts.gov/apps/chrs/onlinedirectaccess.shtml

https://www.nycourts.gov/apps/chrs/

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer