How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3162
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a mercy letter to write to a judge/ I messed up and

Customer Question

I need a mercy letter to write to a judge/ I messed up and public fudiciary want to take guardianship from me. I let his mother see her son without approval. They haven't seen each other for three years. She did was bad thing when she was with him. Now the fudiciary think I am too easy because I didn't say no. They want him in a group home. I want to keep him. He has a mental disability and so does his mother.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of this matter.

How long have you had the guardianship? What is your relationship to the ward in your care? How old is he? What he injured at the visit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have guardianship about three years. In 1983 I was in a Jail Ministry with the church and tried to help a lady who was abused at that time. She went to prisons and I took care of her child while she was in prison. I been rescuing her for many years. Levi has been abused sexually by his father. He has been in my house approximately 8 years. His mother is SMI and I was hoping she was doing better and I let her see her son. He was to see his mom badly. His mother has been in and out of his life. Levi is 20 years old an alcohol syndrome baby. Levi loves me and I love him and I don't want her to go to a group home. When she took him with her she went the valley with a pocket knife to kill, but praise the lord he was home.
A prior boy friend told Levi he would kidnapped him and don't listen to me. Levi also feels that his mother drug him and dogs and went out for the evening.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I type it wrong. praise the Lord he wasn't home.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She went to kill Michael the father. Michael was instrumental in send her to prison for kidnapping. I was wrong to let Levi see her, through her friends, and sister were telling me she was doing great.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Levi was not injury physically. How she did do a lot damage mentally.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told I could file for completed guardianship. However, the public fiduciary is filing to discontinue my guardianship. I don't think I would win.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there, let me know.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

I am here and reading your statements. Thanks for your patience.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

I do not participate in the phone call offers made by this site. They are automatically generated and do not come from me. However, we can continue here. Participating in phone calls can be construed as a client attorney relationship and that is not the case here. I am only providing you information and guidance. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
call me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Call me
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

I apologize. I do not participate in phone calls. I will opt out. You do not need to reply here again and a professional who participates in phone calls will assist you.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pray I can get an answer soon. I need to be gone for an hour. I need to know quickly before the end of the day. I have to go to another city to the court house to file papers. I need the information quickly. I am signing off I have emergency to take of.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

It was good to communicate with you.

As I said, you will need to file an "Objection to Motion to Terminate Guardianship" and it would follow the same format as the motion the public guardian filed against you. I strongly urge you to use a local attorney, either through legal aid or by contacting the state bar and asking for the pro bono attorneys in your area or by going to the local law school and asking their clinic for assistance.

In your objection, you must state that you have faithfully cared for the ward over the last 8 years and you truly believed that after all this time the mother had been sufficiently treated that she could see him without any harm. You need to claim you tried to supervise it as close as possible, but made a small lapse in supervision and it got out of your control. You need to tell the court it will not happen again and that you are asking the court for a permanent injunction against the mother prohibiting contact and that you will check in with the public guardian weekly or as the court deems best to make sure that they are up to date on anything going on.

You really should have the attorney though representing you as it will greatly increase your chance of success.