How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27471
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im trying to find out if I have firearm restriction

Customer Question

Im trying to find out if I have firearm restriction for an expunged(2009) drug felony lovel 4 contrary to k.s.a.65-4160(a)conviction back in 1999 eighteenth judicial district court of sedgwick county, Kansas.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


As your felony was not a crime of violence enumerated under Kan. Stat. Ann. 21-4704, your state gun right should have been automatically restored to you 5 years after the completion of your sentence. Kan. Stat. Ann. 21-4204(a)(3).

Whether or not the Federal government will honor your expungement and remove the bar against your Federal gun rights, is another matter. They should, but the only way to find out for sure would be to try to purchase a gun and see if you can clear the NICs check.