How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KimberlyLaw Your Own Question
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4219
Experience:  Over 13 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
KimberlyLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I red a lawyer to defend me on a simple possession charges

Customer Question

I hired a lawyer to defend me on a simple possession charges he was able to get me 32hrs of community service that I was not able to complete on time court date on Monday and I can not appear is he still representing me on my case and can plea for a extension
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am happy to help.

You need to call your lawyer and see if he still represents you. It depends on what your agreement was, so you may have to pay him extra to attend this hearing.

You will need to attend the hearing. There really isn't a way around that unless you can send in a lawyer for you. It is really important that you go there, even without a lawyer, and explain to the judge why you have not completed the community service. If you have a good reason, the judge may give you an extension. Just be as honest and forthcoming as you can so that the judge believes that you are sincere, and you have a shot getting an extension.

Best of luck,


Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I see there is a new feature where I have to check a box if I am ready to close out. I just did that so you are set to close out. Positive feedback will ensure that the system does not keep your money, and that I get paid for my work with you.

Take care,