How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I regain my gun rights it has been 15 years plus

Customer Question

how do I regain my gun rights it has been 15 years plus since i have been release from federal prison and have not been in any trouble since then
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Anyone convicted of a federal offense may apply for a presidential pardon. Federal regulations 28 CFR 1.1-1.10 specify the rules governing petitions for obtaining such pardons.

You will need to contact the Pardon Attorney's Office at that link to inquire about the procedures for obtaining such a pardon. OR you can write for the information:

Pardon Attorney's Office

U.S. Department of Justice

***** N.W.

Washington DC 20530

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

For purposes of the Gun Control Act, a person is not considered convicted if

1 has been pardoned,

2 had their civil rights restored or set aside, or

3 had the conviction expunged or set aside, unless the pardon, restoration, or expungement expressly bars shipping, transporting, possessing, or receiving firearms

Related Criminal Law Questions