How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Delta-Lawyer Your Own Question
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3546
Experience:  Over A Decade Of Criminal Law Experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Delta-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My lawyer has red a psychologist to a supression hearing to

Customer Question

My lawyer has hired a psychologist to a supression hearing to testify for him that does not believe he is innocent how do we stop the suppression hearing and get a new venue for the trial
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of litigation experience.

You need to file a motion in opposition to the suppression hearing and you also need to file a motion for a change of venue with the current court. Obviously, you will have to state valid reasons in both motions for your positions.

If the court rules adversely to you on either or both issues, you can file what is called an interlocutory appeal (an appeal of specific issues...not the case as a whole). You can then have the issues ruled on by an appellate court that may be more in your favor.

Let me know if you have any other questions and please rate my answer positively ( 4 ot 5 stars).

Best wishes moving forward!

Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in with you to see if you had any additional questions or comments. I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible moving forward. Thanks

Related Criminal Law Questions