Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

The charge is AS 11.46.484. criminal Mischief in the Fourth

Customer Question
degree Box checked DV related Alaska Misdemeanor...
the charge is AS 11.46.484. criminal Mischief in the Fourth degree
Box checked DV related Alaska
Misdemeanor Complaint
He had a pair of boots in his possession gave them back to x-girl friend but cut them in two pieces. worth 140.00 the girly call the police because he cut her boots and left them on her car...
we have ask the court to drop this charge due to he has reconciled and fully reimbursed her and had give her money for at least partially to pay for the boots.
they are still going forward and will not drop charges, but are not making him pay or do any time or community service just won't drop the DV.
We must get this off his record HOW ?? He has never even been in court very clean record good citizen his job will not let him continue to work with a DV charge.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/7/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

The defendant is not required to plead to a charge, particularly if its one that can cost him his job. His lawyer should be able under these circumstances to negotiate something whereby he can plead to something that is not a domestic offense and not state anything on the record about this being a domestic incident.

Has this been attempted yet?

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD