Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Just wanted to Let you know that I won USA DEAF LOTTERY from

Customer Question
Hello, Just wanted to Let...
Hello, Just wanted to Let you know that I won USA DEAF LOTTERY from Mr. Jimmy xxxxxx who is the representative of USA DEAF LOTTERY I won the sum of 500,000.00 Dollars and I have gotten my winning prize already the main reason why am sharing this news with
you is that Jimmy xxxxxx told me that many deaf people won the lottery, let you know that Lottery agent came to my house to hand-over me my winning check and Lottery Brochure which I saw your name and e-mail on the winning list Mr. xxxxxx want you to e-mail
him now for you to claim your winning prize because they might have send you e-mail and you did not receive it is better you e-mail or text Mr. xxxxxx in other for you to claim your winning money. Here is Mr. xxxxxx's contact information (*****@******.*** &
Mobile text number(###) ###-####Lottery agent took me to my bank to get the check cashed I have the money in my account can't believe this can ever happen to me I had been dreaming about this lottery since all this years Deaf Lottery is a good company because
they help the deaf people with the lottery, wish you best of luck and mind you I will be going for long vacation soon feel free to e-mail me any time Thanks Dean There are more if you would care to see them. Thanks xxx
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/6/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello there. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I told you in your original question that there is no such thing as "USA DEAF LOTTERY." I told you that this was a scam.

The check you have received is fake. Please read the link HERE. This is also called an "advanced fee check" scam. And the check will be taken by the bank and the money advanced, until the check proves bad/void/false.

I am not going to argue with you. I cannot force you to go to the authorities and can only provide general information as I have in our prior thread.

You are being scammed.

Good luck.

I never received a check from"USA DEAF LOTTERY."
Thanks for asking xxxxxx. Please let me know if you have any questions/concerns.
Best regards,
xxxxxx xxxxxx

I do not have anything else to add, Doug. You had rated my previous answer on our previous thread HERE negatively when I told you that this was a scam (although I stand by it), and the only thing I can do in this thread is to reiterate the information. My answer stands "as is" whether you have received the check or not. This is a scam.

I am going to opt out and allow other experts weigh in, if they want to.

Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR.
There is no such thing as the USA Deaf Lottery, it is a scam, a fraud. A fraud is something that does not exist, like this lottery. They will ask you for information or money and you will receive nothing at all. If you have not sent them any money yet DO NOT SEND THEM A DIME because you will not be getting any check from them.
Please contact the FBI and report this scam, http://www.ic3.gov
See: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10154607384920175&id=143790095174
Many people are being told the same thing you are being told, it is a FRAUD and you need to report it to the FBI.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer