Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.
26798026

My guns n pistol license was takeing away from me felony

Customer Question

My guns n pistol license was takeing away from me for e felony nowI have a certificate of relief can I get back my guns n license back ?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

What state do you live in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New york
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New york
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I appreciate your patience while I type your response.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

A certificate of relief grants convicted felons relief from many of the legal disabilities that are imposed upon them when they are convicted. There are some types of conviction that would render you ineligible for having your firearms rights restored, but if that is the case, then you should've been told when they granted you the certificate. You do need to reapply for a license, but you should be able to get it restored. And once that's approved, you can get your guns back.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.