How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26857
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been charged with 2nd degree forgery, grand larceny

Customer Question

I have been charged with 2nd degree forgery, grand larceny and attempted falsifying business . I gave my written statement during my termination and cooperated with the police. I will hopefully have a public defender. I know this is serious, but what is my best case scenario
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


My name is ***** ***** I am a New York criminal defense lawyer.

Probation and restitution is probably your best case scenario on a plea bargain, as the court is going to want you monitored to ensure that your employer is compensated. It's possible, however, depending upon the amount of money involved, that the DA's office would consider a reduction and you could get misdemeanor rather than felony probation.