Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I have been charged with 2nd degree forgery, grand larceny

Customer Question
and attempted falsifying business...
I have been charged with 2nd degree forgery, grand larceny and attempted falsifying business . I gave my written statement during my termination and cooperated with the police. I will hopefully have a public defender. I know this is serious, but what is my best case scenario
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/5/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

My name is ***** ***** I am a New York criminal defense lawyer.

Probation and restitution is probably your best case scenario on a plea bargain, as the court is going to want you monitored to ensure that your employer is compensated. It's possible, however, depending upon the amount of money involved, that the DA's office would consider a reduction and you could get misdemeanor rather than felony probation.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD