How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 102505
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has been in jail a month. s court date was

Customer Question

My husband has been in jail for over a month. His court date was yesterday and the judge gave him parole and said he could go home the same day. It has been 24 hours since then. I called the sheriff's office and they said he does not have a realesed day. I tried calling his attorney but he doesn't answer the phone. What can I do to help him?
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Normally, at this point, this becomes a bureaucratic issue - the jail is simply waiting for the Court to send over the paperwork to the county jail.

Someone in your situation may wish to call the court clerk of the criminal court, and nicely ask whether or not the Defendant's (provide his name, DOB, etc) paperwork has been sent to the jail because he is still waiting on it to be released.

The clerk may be cooperative or not. However, one can normally gleam more information from them as to why the delay, and the call may hasten the bureaucratic shuffle and/or send you on another call/building to expedite the matter. But again, it is best to be nice and friendly because irritated court clerks can make things difficult for everyone.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!