How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27549
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in the process of possibly having my probation revoked

Customer Question

I am in the process of possibly having my probation revoked for supposedly drinking while on unsupervised probation for a first offense DUI. although my citation was dismissed through municipal court, the county is still trying to revoke my probation. I have an attorney who is as lazy as they come and has done very little to help at this point. I'm moving out of state in two days. if the county attorney revokes my bond, willl they try to incarcerate me in the state im moving to?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. If you are violated, a warrant will likely be issued for your arrest. Even though the citation was dismissed, a term and condition of your probation was that you can not pick up any new charges and the burden fora violation of probation hearing, is much lower then a criminal trial. If you move out of State, the warrant would remain active. If you are stopped by the police, they would be able to see the warrant and would take you into custody. You would be held and they would contact the county who issued it, to see if they want to extradite you and bring you back, to answer to the charge.

Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Related Criminal Law Questions