Trial Lawyer
Trial Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Has practiced law for more than 10 years.
89636180

I got a dui back in december of 2013 I served probation year

Customer Question

I got a dui back in december of 2013 I served probation for a year and paid restitution to the people I hit. they did not have insurance I was ordered to pay 1500. a 500 deductible fee to each person because I hit three cars from what was said in which i paid and served probation and it was terminated so I had to do ten days of jail time but all my fines and restitution was paid and the DMV has been telling me I can not get my license back inless i can prove I had insurance in which my insurance lapsed so I did not have insurance so therefore I can not prove and i told them that so now they are saying I need to pay 3000 more to these people. I am fighting this b/c I do not believe its fair. Is this a case or not?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Trial Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear this. Believe wheni tell you that i understand howw toughthis is to go through. The DMVs position has more to do with the lack of insurance and the unresolved property damage. Two solutions are viable:first, pay for the damage or second, file a bankruptcy to prevent the dmv from enforcing the financial responsibilities statute against you.

Almost forgot, you an enter into a payment arrangementwhereby your driving priveleges are restored while you makethepayments. But the other driver will have to cooperate with you

Please rate my service wben you have a second