Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was arrested shoplifting at a pawn shop 6 days after I was

Customer Question

I was arrested for felony shoplifting at a pawn shop 6 days after I was there. there has been absolutly zero evidedence to prove the claim. To this day I still have know idea what was supposaly taken.other than its supposed to 3000$ worth of jewlery. I had a 30,000 dollar bond and it caused me to spend a night in jail cause they wouldn't let me bond out till the next morning. The limitations to indite me will finally run out I early march. I was taken at gun point by more than a dozen police infront of my autistic son. I wasn't informed on what the charges even were. Until they moved me from 2 different city police station ( Biloxi&Gulfport MS) and finally to the county jail.it caused my wife to nlose her job of 7 years cause she had to call in on a black out date. And it caused a rift in my family that caused me to lose most of them. when the specifics are heard it really is worse than this synopsis. What are my options
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

To clarify, are you saying that you were arrested but never charged with the crime? If you were charged, have you been appearing in court? Is your case still open?

How long ago were you arrested?