How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26765
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was convicyed of mfg. meth in june of 95' in ca. I was

Customer Question

I was convicyed of mfg. meth in june of 95' in ca. I was convicted again of mfg. meth in june of 01' I parolled in 03 discharged in 13 mo.s for being good and aint been in trouble since. I have been living in az. since 05 and would like my gun rights, is it possible. along w/mfg. convictions were sales, convicted felon w/firearm sales,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


Arizona restores all of your civil rights except firearms right upon the completion of your sentence. You would be able to petition your judges for restoration of your firearms rights. There's a waiting period, but these are old felonies so you should be able to do so immediately. Given that you have two felonies, it would be best that you have a lawyer prepare and argue the petition.

As all your other rights are already restored, if the state restores your gun rights too, the Federal government should lift their bar against your rights as well. If the federal government doesn't recognize the restoration of your state rights -- as it sometimes won't when the felony is still on your record -- or should the petition fail, you would have to get your felonies pardoned by the governor. You can find out more about the pardon process here. in the attachment.