How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4500
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the consequences conduct?

Customer Question

What is the consequences for disorderly conduct?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 1 year ago.


A disorderly persons offense in Michigan is punishable by up to 90 days in jail and/or a fine of $500. Given that I am assuming this is his first offense, it is likely that he will be able to resolve this without getting a conviction on his record. Usually in first offender situations with a minor charge like this, he would be able to get some kind of diversion or deferral program, where if he completes the program successfully, the charge ends up getting dismissed. I'd suggest that he gets a lawyer to negotiate on his behalf with the prosecutor if either of you is able. Many lawyers will do these types of cases for a flat fee so it wouldn't be terribly expensive. While he can try to negotiate for it on his own, it is generally easier to have a lawyer do it, especially when a person is concerned about keeping their record clean.