Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Someone stole 2 of my credit cards a few years back. I

Customer Question
fought one in court with...
Someone stole 2 of my credit cards a few years back. I fought one in court with an attorney but the other one a tenant was served instead of me so I did not show. I then had a lien put on my home by an attorney's office later investigated by the FTC for credit card mill. When investigating the lien I found out that the supervisory clerk that signed the document is not someone the judge's office knows. It's coming now for credit clean up and repayment. What should I do when the crook tries to put me in jail as an extortion victim. Any help is appreciated.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
10/28/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Michael J, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Michael J, Esq.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Just so I'm sure: it sounds like someone stole two credit cards and racked up some bills, you fought having to pay back one, but the other one you ended up not appearing to court and a judgment was entered against you? If so, how long ago was that judgment entered and who exactly is trying to collect?

Thanks,

Michael

It was done in April 2010 by Discover Card. My card was stolen and the criminal called the company to put my limit up without my knowledge or consent. My Capital One card I had an attorney to fight it and it was dismissed WITHOUT PREJUDICE. I understand that means they can reinvestigate whenever the crook concocts more stories. How do I sue for fiduciary fraud?
The attorney's office Frederic k J Hxxx was investigated by the FTC Consumer Affairs Bureau for running a credit card mill in Marietta GA. The attorney from them placing the lien supposedly left without any forwarding contact information.

Thank you.

At the risk of sounding flippant, I don't want to just say "contact a civil attorney to file your suit". Is there other specific information you are looking for?

Thanks!

Michael

I'll contact a civil attorney. I have so much going on it's hard to keep it straight if its civil or criminal

Okay thanks!

Yes, I believe you would need to file a civil suit against the credit card company. Getting the District Attorney in your county to file criminal charges would most likely be next to impossible. I hope this helps!

If you valued my time, please consider rating me positively at the top of the page. Experts don't get credit for our answers until you do. If you have further questions, please continue to ask them until you're completely satisfied.

DISCLAIMER: This is not legal advice and I am not your lawyer. My questions are based on my knowledge of the jurisdiction where I am admitted to practice, my experience on this site over several years, and research on the relevant laws and statutes for your jurisdiction, if any. My information is not advice and you should always speak to local counsel before you act.

Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer