How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3149
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am writing in regards to my son who has been found guilty

Customer Question

I am writing in regards ***** ***** son who has been found guilty by a jury of second degree robbery. He is 19 and has a long history of drug abuse, near death overdose and multiple hospitalization a as a minor due to his dr prescribed medication and street drug abuse. He has a felony strike and we live in California. What can I ask the judge to lower his sentence or posibaly revoke the strike. His lawyers defense was he was so incapacitated he didn't know what he was doing. This was a common occurrence with my son. He is not a violent person and always avoids confrontation
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


Is his lawyer preparing a pre-sentencing report?