How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27726
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was arrested in 1999 under the influence of drugs and

Customer Question

I was arrested in 1999 for driving under the influence of drugs and possession of a cds. It was filed as a felony and disposed with a deferred sentence and dismissed after 5 years. Will there be a problem getting a concealed carry permit?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


If it has been at least three years since the dismissal of your felony conviction after a deferral, you would be eligible to apply for a concealed carry permit in Oklahoma.