How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 34304
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have twos 7 month old German Shepherds. There are a group

Customer Question

i have twos 7 month old German Shepherds. There are a group of women in our neighbor hood who have made false reports about being attacked by my dogs. they have no facts or proof. i had animal control come to my house today and put my dogs under house arrest for 10 days while they investigate the complaint.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

You may want to consider having a local attorney send a "cease and desist" letter on your behalf. This is a letter telling the women to stop making the false reports and letting them know if they continue you will sue them for defamation.

Defamation is defined as a false statement of fact that harms the reputation of the victim...if they are lying about you, and this is harming your reputation, you can sue them to recover.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Related Criminal Law Questions