Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I have twos 7 month old German Shepherds. There are a group

Customer Question
of women in our neighbor...
i have twos 7 month old German Shepherds. There are a group of women in our neighbor hood who have made false reports about being attacked by my dogs. they have no facts or proof. i had animal control come to my house today and put my dogs under house arrest for 10 days while they investigate the complaint.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
10/25/2015
Criminal Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

You may want to consider having a local attorney send a "cease and desist" letter on your behalf. This is a letter telling the women to stop making the false reports and letting them know if they continue you will sue them for defamation.

Defamation is defined as a false statement of fact that harms the reputation of the victim...if they are lying about you, and this is harming your reputation, you can sue them to recover.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Lawyer