How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Peter Griesch Your Own Question
Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 324
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Peter Griesch is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to get a better paying job and I need to get my

Customer Question

Hi I am trying to get a better paying job and I need to get my 3rd degree assault felony charged sealed from 2012 I am not on probation and all my fines are paid. I also got My GED in 2013 I went to a private collage to do hair and I am just not happy with doing hair and would like to do something different like care giving
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I understand that you are trying to expunge your criminal record. It appears that you are in Washington. In Washington, the process of expunging or sealing a criminal conviction is called "vacating a judgment."

Under Washington Statutes § 9.94A.640, felony convictions for violence or crimes against persons will not be vacated.

Felony assault in the third degree, however, under RCW 9.94A.030, is not defined as a "violent" crime for this purpose. So, based upon that, you could qualify for vacation.

The Washington courts website contains instructions on completing an application for sealing your records. See

I hope this helps.

Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget to rate my response. Just Answer only pays its experts if the customer rates the response.