How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea Your Own Question
Andrea, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs Criminal Defense, Real Estate & Business Law, Family Law, Immigration, Employment Law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Andrea is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend completed all s requirements in CT DUI but has

Customer Question

My boyfriend completed all his requirements in CT for a DUI but has been working 7 days a week as I cared for my mother whom had Alzheimer's - what could be his penalty?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LegalPro54 replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and welcome. I am having a hard time understanding the situation, as well as your question. Can you please explain in more detail?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My boyfriend was arrested in CT for DUI in 01/11 & served time, completed all requested probation requests with the exception of the 100 hours of community service, as he was working 7 days a week as I was unable as I was unable to work to take care of my mother with Alzheimer's. He's supposed to complete his time by 12/14/15 but every time he calls they say, "you're not needed today". What penalty are we looking towards?
Expert:  LegalPro54 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply. It sounds like this is a criminal law question, but somehow your post found its way to the employment law section of this website in error. I will reclassify your question to the criminal section, where you will receive a response from another attorney with knowledge in that particular area of law. Please do not respond to this message, as doing so will take your question of the active question list and send it back to me. Someone else should be with you shortly...

Expert:  Andrea replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question,

In order for your boyfriend to avoid being penalized for not completing his community service obligation, he must do the following.

1. Go in person to the community service office and speak to someone in authority. He should tell him or her the problem he has encountered and ask them to confirm in writing that he has been calling the community service office, but that they have not been able to schedule him for any community service;

2. He should go to the Probation Officer assigned to him and tell them the problem he has been encountering. This way your boyfriend's problem will be documented as will his attempts to fulfill his community service obligation; and

3. He should go to the District Attorney's Office and ask to speak to the Assistant DA in charge of his case and tell them the problem he has encountered.

By following the above steps, your boyfriend will have all his bases covered and the Court cannot penalize him for not completing his community service.

Please be kind enough to leave a Positive rating for my Answer. You have already made a deposit with JustAnswer and leaving a Positive Rating will not cost you anything additional. However, it is necessary so that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you. Thank you for understanding. Bonus and Positive Feedback are very much appreciated.

Kindest Regards,


Expert:  Andrea replied 1 year ago.

If you have any questions or need further explanation, please let me know and I will be glad to Answer,