How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26759
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

State of New York. Sex between 19 year old and 14 year old

Customer Question

State of New York. Sex between 19 year old and 14 year old in December 1989. The SOL changed in 2006. Can this be pursued criminally or civil?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


No it can't be. If the statute of limitations was still running when the law was changed, it could be pursued. But if the statute had completely run out before the law extended the SOL, the case is too old to be prosecuted.

Related Criminal Law Questions