How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Peter Griesch Your Own Question
Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 324
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Peter Griesch is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The Fairfield Police broke into my safe deposit box without

Customer Question

The Fairfield Police broke into my safe deposit box without a warrant, with my brother. The Federal District Court told me to file a Motion to Supress and Return the documents. The police refuse to return the documents, I went to the State Police who told me to go to the State Attorney to get authorization. The State Attorney said they cannot be a witness and a prosecutor. The clerk told me that cannot give me my records back because they are investigating. The Peoples United Bank in Fairfield also refuse to give me my records. What course do I have to get my records back. I have been trying for three years.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 2 years ago.

You can file a civil suit against the police department for return of the records. Is that something you'd like to explore?

Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 2 years ago.


Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why can't I have the State police arrest the people who stole the records.? When people steel something they should be arrested. The Honorable T Carroll Atkinson, told me to have my brother arrested for breaking into my safe deposit box with the police.
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 2 years ago.

I recommend going this route. You'll get farther the civil route, as you'll control the direction, as opposed to asking for an arrest , in which the police control.