Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
89571709

The Fairfield Police broke into my safe deposit box without

Customer Question

The Fairfield Police broke into my safe deposit box without a warrant, with my brother. The Federal District Court told me to file a Motion to Supress and Return the documents. The police refuse to return the documents, I went to the State Police who told me to go to the State Attorney to get authorization. The State Attorney said they cannot be a witness and a prosecutor. The clerk told me that cannot give me my records back because they are investigating. The Peoples United Bank in Fairfield also refuse to give me my records. What course do I have to get my records back. I have been trying for three years.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 2 years ago.

You can file a civil suit against the police department for return of the records. Is that something you'd like to explore?

.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why can't I have the State police arrest the people who stole the records.? When people steel something they should be arrested. The Honorable T Carroll Atkinson, told me to have my brother arrested for breaking into my safe deposit box with the police.

I recommend going this route. You'll get farther the civil route, as you'll control the direction, as opposed to asking for an arrest , in which the police control.