Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I have a warrant arrest because i try to sell a bike that

Customer Question
I have a warrant for...
I have a warrant for my arrest because i try to sell a bike that entiled in my ex name. When i went to court last year the judge said i could sell the bike and she will have to pay the difference. She refuse to sign the title over so im charge with grand larceny. I told the perso. To bring me the bike back and i will give him his money back but he tried to get an abandoned loan title. Which made them angry. This is do to past relationship with this said person. If i can get her to sign the bike over before i go turn myself in will this stop the warrant for my arrest since the title would have been transfer.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/11/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

Unfortunately, no. Once the criminal justice system is involved, the case no longer belongs to your ex. It belongs to the prosecutor who can go forward with the charge no matter whether your ex signs the bike over or not. In fact, if you contact your ex to try to get her to sign this over, you can be charged with witness intimidation if your ex resents your contact and lets the prosecutor know about this.

However, if you have a court ruling wherein a judge told you that you were entitled to sell the bike, that would be helpful to your case when it gets to court.

You will need a lawyer, because grand larceny is a felony charge, and you should not consider handling this by yourself. If you have to appear in court for this and you can retain a lawyer, have him with you on your court date. If you are unable to hire a lawyer, then you need to plead NOT GUILTY when you are arraigned on this charge. Then you can let the judge know that you are unable to afford counsel and that you need him to appoint a public defender for you.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD