How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26800
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a warrant arrest because i try to sell a bike that

Customer Question

I have a warrant for my arrest because i try to sell a bike that entiled in my ex name. When i went to court last year the judge said i could sell the bike and she will have to pay the difference. She refuse to sign the title over so im charge with grand larceny. I told the perso. To bring me the bike back and i will give him his money back but he tried to get an abandoned loan title. Which made them angry. This is do to past relationship with this said person. If i can get her to sign the bike over before i go turn myself in will this stop the warrant for my arrest since the title would have been transfer.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


Unfortunately, no. Once the criminal justice system is involved, the case no longer belongs to your ex. It belongs to the prosecutor who can go forward with the charge no matter whether your ex signs the bike over or not. In fact, if you contact your ex to try to get her to sign this over, you can be charged with witness intimidation if your ex resents your contact and lets the prosecutor know about this.

However, if you have a court ruling wherein a judge told you that you were entitled to sell the bike, that would be helpful to your case when it gets to court.

You will need a lawyer, because grand larceny is a felony charge, and you should not consider handling this by yourself. If you have to appear in court for this and you can retain a lawyer, have him with you on your court date. If you are unable to hire a lawyer, then you need to plead NOT GUILTY when you are arraigned on this charge. Then you can let the judge know that you are unable to afford counsel and that you need him to appoint a public defender for you.

Related Criminal Law Questions