How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31731
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sister in law bought the land, put it her mother's name

Customer Question

my sister in law bought the land, put it her mother's name to make her feel good, but one of the siblings took the mother to make a will without anyone knowing, and names of all the siblings are now on the 1 acre piece of land my sister in law bought with her money. How can we contest this will in the court of law?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be gad to assist.

IF your sister-in-law titled the property in her mother's name, then her mother owns the land outright and your sister (nor anyone else) can challenge what she does with the land or dispute what she does with the property. That said, IF the mother was not of sound and disposing mind when she made the will, then it could be challenged based on her being incompetent and incapable of making a valid legal document.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

If the mother was incompetent or not of sound mind when the will was signed, then the family could petition the court to set aside the will based on fraud, duress, etc.