How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27419
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If an individual has been charged with a class offense and

Customer Question

If an individual has been charged with a class b offense and enters a plea of no contest, is it possible for the charges could be dropped when appearing before the judge at court hearing/trial
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


No. If you've already pled guilty to the crime, there would be no reason for the case to be dropped. You would simply be sentenced for the offense. That's why defendants are supposed to always plead NOT guilty and THEN work out a plea. A plea of anything other than not guilty will get you a conviction and leave your sentence up to the court.