Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If an individual has been charged with a class offense and…

Customer Question
If an individual has been...
If an individual has been charged with a class b offense and enters a plea of no contest, is it possible for the charges could be dropped when appearing before the judge at court hearing/trial
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
10/5/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

No. If you've already pled guilty to the crime, there would be no reason for the case to be dropped. You would simply be sentenced for the offense. That's why defendants are supposed to always plead NOT guilty and THEN work out a plea. A plea of anything other than not guilty will get you a conviction and leave your sentence up to the court.