How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27435
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Friend was robbed significant amount of $ at gunpoint

Customer Question

Friend was robbed for a significant amount of $ at gunpoint by someone he knows. However, he is hesitant to file a report because he has an outstanding bench warrant for a misdemeanor theft charge he disputes. He made a mistake and should have gotten legal representation for that charge but skipped court instead. What can he do? We need to act asap.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Your friend should contact a local criminal defense lawyer. His misdemeanor theft offense is a lot less serious than an armed robbery. A lawyer can talk to the prosecutor and negotiate a cooperation deal whereby the warrant can be lifted and the misdemeanor either dropped or resolved in trade for his cooperation on the felony prosecution of the person who robbed him.