How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 116754
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a neighbor who runs a used car business out of s home

Customer Question

jim i have a neighbor who runs a used car business out of his home he parks the car all over the block the neighbors are upset we had to get a handicap parking for my parents so at least they can park he parks his car behind there van he has a very short fuse
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he swears at you gives you the finger we dont mind if the neighbors park behind us but with this neighbor he leaves the car parked there for days he even came up to the house and pounded on the door swearing at us and the neighbors
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your specific question for us about this issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will a TRO help us or make things worse he is very violent or should we just put up with it
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

It is tough to enforce a TRO with a neighbor, but not impossible and it would at least prevent him having contact with your parents or you. So it is a viable option. Also, if he is running a repair shop out of his home and it is an illegal business, you need to file a complaint with zoning enforcement as well, to have them come out to try to shut him down. Also, if he is creating a nuisance in the area and a safety hazard, you could consider suing him in court for the nuisance and seeking a court order to shut down the business (but that may make him worse, you just never know with people like you describe). At least with the TRO if he keeps harassing you or your parents, he would go to jail.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

It says your payment failed, so we cannot call you because of that. Please contact customer service about that.

If you have further questions and want to continue in here, please use "reply"