Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I have another my friend after finding out the guy she was

Customer Question
dating was married she told...
I have another my friend after finding out the guy she was dating was married she told his wife some of her and his family he asked her not to contact anyone else and if she did he'd press charges can he do that press charges on her for telling his friends
and family?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/22/2015
Criminal Lawyer: AttyDort, Litigation Attorney replied 2 years ago
AttyDort
AttyDort, Litigation Attorney

Your question makes zero sense, and is a run on sentence that should be 4 or more sentences.

But in general, I can tell you that it is not illegal to contact a person through a publicly known address or phone number.

If there is a restraining order, then it is a different story. Violating a restraining order is a crime.

It is illegal, and a crime, to make threats over the phone, or to cause harassment intended to annoy or cause fear.

Hope that helps.

If English is not your first language (which it appears is true), you can send me the question in a different language and I will be able to translate it.

-CD

All I was asking is if she can get charges pressed against her by telling his friends and family he cheated if he asked her not to do it. She never threatened anyone. I'm sorry I was typing in a hurry

Ok- the answer to that question is definitely no, if the story is true.

Can you tell me what cyber harassment is?and can sending someone text on face book telling someone's friend their husband has been cheating cyber harassment?

Sending one true message on facebook is never harassment. Sending 50 may be.

However, sending one message with false info, or threats, is probably harassment.

If you want to tell someone their husband is cheating on them, I'd say the safest thing to do is to send 1 single message, and then forget about the problem. Move on. It's their problem. If they choose to ignore your message, then so be it.

AttyDort
AttyDort
AttyDort, Litigation Attorney