How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My girlfriend called the cops to scare me off, we had an

Customer Question

my girlfriend called the cops to scare me off, we had an argument, and by accident she put a small scratch on my nose, I wrote a letter to the prosecutors office if they drop the case, I really do want them to drop the case, what else I need to do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of this matter. I suggest, that you can call the Prosecutor's office and tell them you want to speak to someone in the "victim/witness coordinators" unit. Tell that person you have mailed the letter, that this was an isolated incident and that you do not want the charges pursued.

At the very least the matter can be placed on an inactive docket, meaning if there are any future problems, this incident can also be brought for prosecution. So you may want to discuss that option, too.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you