Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I was wondering if I have any chance of getting house arrest

Customer Question
for a 2nd dui most...
I was wondering if I have any chance of getting house arrest for a 2nd dui most likely highest tier for Montgomery county PA? Also I do not live in Montgomery county but Philadelphia
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
I did ARD for my first 7 years ago. I have no other criminal record. I actually was just in rehab 3 mouths ago and have been going to outpatient and meetings and slipped up. 28 years old
9/21/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

A second DUI you have to do the minimum jail sentence and that sentence can be under house arrest or on weekend jail time, it is up to the court's discretion. If it has been 7 years since your last arrest and you have and are still in rehab, this is a good thing for the judge to know as that would go a long way in whether he will decide on using house arrest or at least weekend confinement.

Thanks for your input. I was maybe thinking that just recently finishing rehab might hurt me in the sense that the rehab didn't "work" for me.

Thank you for your reply.

No, getting out of rehab will look worse on you. The fact rehab may not have worked for you is not going to look bad, but you do need to perhaps consider a different rehab program that will work for you to show the court you are still trying.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer