How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118793
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a corrupting the morals of a minor case back in 1964

Customer Question

I have a corrupting the morals of a minor case back in 1964 that I was adjudicated from and I paid an attorney to have it expunged. The attorney did not complete the expungement and it is still being found on occasion. I want to know how much it will cost to have it expunged now. I have all the case numbers and I paid $50.00 a few year ago to do the process myself but I lived in Florida at the time and they said I would have to fly to Pgh to do the process but I couldn't afford the trip nor to take off work. I am now 72 years old and working in security that my record has to be clean or I will lose my job. Please help me. XXXX
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

A criminal defense attorney in FL could expunge the case for about $1500 from start to finish. If you want to completely remove the conviction though, you would have to apply to the Governor's office Board of Pardon and Parole for a pardon with full restoration of rights and that would generally cost an additional $1500-$2000, depending on the attorney you use. You do not have to appear personally if you hire a local attorney from one of the same sites used by other attorneys, or