How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26818
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I understand he could be arrested,,i guess my question

Customer Question

I understand he could be arrested,,i guess my question is,,wouldn't they have done it by now..? he admitted to consensual sex,,so obviously they will find his DNA,,their must not have been any signs of force or they would have kept him in PR ..correct??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Yes. I thought I indicated that. The complainant likely went back to Florida, hasn't been back in contact, and they have no independent ability to go forward.

If they had enough evidence to make the charge stick, they'd have arrested him rather than let him leave.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do they have to notify him ,,so he can go foreword with his life,,or can this loom over him for many years ?
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

No, they don't have to notify him. He should go forward with his life because as I indicated, this can remain an open case for 15 years or more, if Puerto Rico has any reason to keep it alive.

Related Criminal Law Questions