Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My boyfriend parole was approved however they are sending m

Customer Question

Hello my boyfriend parole was approved however they are sending him to a prison in Beaumont tx for six months however he has to wait for a bed it has almost been two months can anything be done to speed up the process he has been sitting and the time is nit counted
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Sorry, but no. There is no way to "force" the Texas Department of Criminal Justice to find someone space. I am guessing he is in county jail at the moment, and he will have to remain there until there is space available - I am sorry.

NOTE of course that he does get credit for his time while he waits, meaning whatever time he spends in county will be credited to him.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I want to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.