Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My daughter is in college and was brutally assaulted on

Customer Question
Thursday by 3 women .Ambulance...
My daughter is in college and was brutally assaulted on Thursday by 3 women .Ambulance was called ,police report was made with witness statements and my daughter spent the night in the hospital. Campus police , the university and the regular police all are aware of the incident ,but her attackers are scholarship athletes and no arrest have been made. My daughter has been harassed by her attackers and their friends and Monday night they vandalized her brand new car with video evidence. Can't get anything done by either police department or university. I was told yesterday by police that they should have been arrested the night of the incident but could not find the suspects in the computer system because when typing in the report they listed the race wrong and left off witnesses and witness statements but could probably retrieve witnesses because police have every call audio taped. My daughter fears for her safety and university is creating stall tactics just saying they are investigating it but these are their prized athletes and they are trying to avoid the media. Yesterday the I was told by the police that they were going to make arrest and nothing has been done and now they won't return my calls . There is even a snap chat video floating around of my daughters attack and school thinks if she feels unsafe she should leave school .
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
My daughter has never had any interactions with these people before. One is the ex girlfriend of a college football player that is expected to reach the NFL draft this year. He just was reinstated to play football and re enter the university after a lengthy rape investigation. He showed interest in my daughter which caused his ex girlfriend to have my daughter attacked. School also does not want his name back in the media , and the attackers are members of the row team , so It would reflect poorly on the University if these people are arrested . After police report was made on the attack the football player also took part in vandalizing her car. in a gated community with cameras.The tape shows people in hoodies with their faces covered but they go directly back to the boyfriends apartment.My daughter is a sophomore , she is a straight A student top 6 % and a member of several national honor societies. University and police have failed her
9/17/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Maverick, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)!

Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information for your educational purposes only;

(B) No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with a JA expert;

(C) If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney of your choice in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given by a JA expert;

(D) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time. Please wait until then to assign the rating as initially I may still be getting more information from you to formulate a better answer; and

(E) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then please know that I make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you accept, understand and agree to these terms.

1. Do you have these tapes and other evidence in hand? If not, can you get a hold of it?

2. Do you have copies of all the police reports [i.e. before they lose them or get changed]?

3. Have you tried to speak to the media? If so what response?

4. What state is the university located in?

5. Have you spoken with any lawyers yet?

Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer