How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27450
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Zoey, I have a question about being able to purchase a rifle

Customer Question

Hi zoey, I have a question about being able to purchase a rifle for hunting in south carolina if i have a 15 year old non violent felony in texas.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.


Texas will give partial gun rights back after 5 years, but you can only keep a weapon in your house. You cannot take it or use it anywhere else. The Federal government will not recognize only a partial restoration of your gun rights. So you'd need a pardon from your governor to get your gun rights restored in Texas. Then the Federal government should restore your rights as well.

Do you have a pardon yet in Texas? You're not going to be able to get rights in South Carolina until Texas and the Federal government clear you.