How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27549
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am totally lost! I was presented with my question and was

Customer Question

I am totally lost! I was presented with my question and was asked if I had asked a previous question; however, there was no place to answer YOUR question. Anything I gave you today was on finding an attorney to work with my grandson's court appointed attorney.
I asked a doctor 1-2 years ago about a medical problem. Is Just Answer going to give me a "general answer" or not? If not, I'll quit.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

You have three open questions, so I was trying to close them out to answer on one page. However, I will just respond here, so allow me a minute.

Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

In a criminal case, it is highly unlikely that you will find a private attorney to work with the public defender, in representing the defendant. I say this because the PD is appointed when the defendant is unable to retain private counsel. If a private attorney is willing to take and work on the case pro bono, then the defendant would have representation and the Judge would not allow the PD to be appointed. The court is not going to appoint the PD and allow a criminal defense attorney to represent him at the same time, so it has to be one or the other. He can ask for the PD to be appointed and then try and find a criminal defense attorney to take the case pro bono. If that happens, the PD can simply withdraw from the case.