How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got accuse of a burglary charge Went into my g/f house and

Customer Question

I got accuse of a burglary charge Went into my g/f house and went to talk to her the door was unlocked and I had a key also but I was in her bedroom and her x husband came in we got into a fist fight . I didn't have money to fight this and was told that if I didn't plead guilty that it would get me 5 to 8 yrs in prison.IM wrong for the fight was my mistake because was x husband fault ,Her and I still live together in the same house I was convicted about ,How can I get burglary charge reversed I cant find a job her and I have a 6 yr old that we got to raise
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I suggest that if you want to be eligible to have the matter expunged and sealed, you will first need to apply for and be granted a Governor's Pardon/Clemency. The Pardon will make you eligible to then Petition the court for the expungment and sealing of the court records and any arrest records. But they are two separate processes. And the Pardon does not Guarantee you will be expunged but it only makes you eligible to take the next step to Petition the court of conviction for it.

Here is the Link so you can review the information for applying for the Pardon. Keep in mind you can apply for the Pardon on your own without the assistance of a local attorney. And many times, when you can show that the conviction is hindering your ability to get employment it is often granted.

You do not ever have to have been on Parole or Probation, though the application is reviewed by the Parole Board for consideration and then passed onto the Governor for their approval.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you

Related Criminal Law Questions