Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I have been asked to do an Interview with a food stamp fraud

Customer Question
investigator. She said she has...
I have been asked to do an Interview with a food stamp fraud investigator. She said she has gone to my home which I think is where I no longer live & has also showed up at my place of business. Should I agree to an interview or get an attorney first if I know I was misleading or get an attorney?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Also will the investigation be for any time I've ever had food stamps or just most recent application?
9/10/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

Thanks for requesting me.

It's best to consult with a local lawyer, because without one, anything you say can be used against you. If you already know that you were misleading and are concerned that you may be charged with fraud once the investigation is completed, getting a lawyer to protect your rights and to try to help you avoid a prosecution is in your best interest.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD