Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I am located in summit county ohio. my employee has a capias

Customer Question

I am located in summit county ohio. my employee has a capias that has been issued for a pending case. I am wondering how that will affect her availability for work? If a capias is issued how do the sheriffs office serve this warrant?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

The capias warrant should have a bond amount noted on it. So once served, the defendant should be able to post that bond and be released until the court date. It is served by the Sheriff and can be served at the place of employment or the home or anywhere. The person would be arrested, taken to the magistrate and if they can pay the amount on the warrant will be released. If they cannot, then they will be detained until they can or a court date.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you