How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thelawman2 Your Own Question
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1386
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Thelawman2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My neighbor attacked me. I pushed he off - she got hurt and

Customer Question

My neighbor attacked me. I pushed he off - she got hurt and call the police. Now we have a hearing. My paperwork says assault-intent/reckless/injure. Also there is a Trespassing 3rd degree but she attacked me in the street????
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. If you acted in self-defense and used reasonable force to defend yourself, then you would not be guilt of assault. Do you have any witnesses to the incident or any marks on you which show that you were attacked? You need to present some kind of evidence supporting your side of the argument...otherwise it will come down to a he said/she said...then you need to be concerned that the judge will not believe you for no reason.

As for trespassing 3rd degree, that should only occur if you were on someone else's property and when instructed to leave, you do not listen. Is it possible that the neighbor is claiming you were on her property?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was on her property, I left her a note on her door with my number. She has horses. I was going to ask her if she ever needed help to just ask I would help her with the horses. Yes I have a large bruise on my upper arm. She knocked me on the ground. She was hurt a lot more than me - when she came at me I raised my arm, my elbow hit her in the face & eye area. My husband saw the whole thing - he had to grab her arm to make her stop coming at me. It all happened so fast that I blanked out for some strange reason. At first she had the police thinking I beat her up - this whole thing is weird. My husband is a DOC Officer and is affraid that this will be affect him somehow and I need an attorney to make sure this all goes away.
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 1 year ago.

Well you should look into hiring a local criminal defense attorney to help you at the hearing; however, your husband should be prepared to have your husband testify on your behalf. The more eyewitnesses, the better. There is really no reason why your husband should be concerned that it would affect him. Were there any eyewitnesses which would have supported her side...hopefully she does not bring any one on her behalf to lie for her, but your bruises and your husband's testimony should help.

After you look into an attorney, you should really go to a doctor as well who can document the injuries you have sustained before they go away.

Related Criminal Law Questions