How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Colorado Criminal case that was dismissed by the

Customer Question

I have a Colorado Criminal case that was dismissed by the Arapahoe County DA and case has been sealed.
However since this was a felony charge while being processed in county jail I was told no choice but to submidt to a DNA sample while in the county jail.. I was told that if this case was dismissed that the county has a system to get my DNA out of their system and all data bases..
Case was dismissed by the local DA and records sealed but now I want my DNA out of all of these data bases
What is the best way to get that done?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

Generally, the best way to get the DNA removed / destroyed is to hire an experienced local criminal defense attorney, who will be able to file a Motion with the court to have DNA remove / destroyed and the judge will hold a hearing and will decide on the motion.

Since, there is no standard forms or instructions related to the process of DNA removal, hiring a local attorney would be the best and most certain option.

I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.