Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I left Dubai in 2007 with debts to two banks one card and

Customer Question

Hello!
I left Dubai in 2007 with debts to two banks one for credit card and the other for a mortgage. I obviously haven't been back to Dubai or any other GCC country since then but I am now facing work pressure to attend meetings in Saudi. Will I be arrested when arriving in KSA and is there anything I can do to stop this happening? Is there a lawyer that can help me?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, Dubai can and will issue an arrest warrant for payment of debts and GCC countries will enforce those warrants. So if there was a warrant issued back in 2007, when you arrive in any GCC country or Dubai, you would be arrested on that warrant. An attorney can help you work out a deal to pay what is due on the debts to get the warrant recalled, but you would have to pay them to get the creditors to withdraw the warrants if they issued them. The local attorney can actually check to see if even any warrant was issued first to make sure you are not contacting the creditors when they have forgotten about the debts and never pursued criminal charges or warrants (not all banks or creditors pursue these warrants on debts).

You need an attorney in Dubai though and you can get one at the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com.