How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31731
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In MS in 1977 husband on probation from prison from GA

Customer Question

in MS in 1977 husband on probation from prison from GA Prison forged my signature and traded my car in LA for another car. Can I charge him with forgery/auto theft now?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm licensed in Mississippi.

There is no statute of limitations in Mississippi for forgery, so technically, you could still file charges in the county where the act of forgery occurred. Here's a good link you can read:

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

There is also no statute of limitations for theft. However, it may be very difficult to get the district attorney to prosecute someone for a crime that occurred nearly 40 years ago.....especially if the person no longer lives in the state.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

But, it is still possible to bring charges against him under MS law.