Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I'm being charged with embezzlement of 11000 dollars. What

Customer Question
I'm being charged with embezzlement...
I'm being charged with embezzlement of 11000 dollars. What is my punishment before it goes to a grand jury
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/5/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer. Typically, the offer for something like this on a first felony offense would be probation with restitution to the complainant. In most instances, you could get that after indictment as well, since it's a non-violent felony charge. In general, you would only have to worry about jail on a matter like this if it's not your first felony offense or if you lose after trial. On a plea offer, probation should be available.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD