How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26813
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Where can I find a prosecutor to help me with a forgery case

Customer Question

Where can I find a prosecutor to help me with a forgery case against Luis and the bank that allowed him to forge 14 checks from my account into his own account without a signature check in the amount of 10,000 on one check with a total amount of 25,000 in forgery.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.

Prosecutors have the complete discretion to decide for themselves which case to go forward with and which not to. Most criminal cases can also be handled in civil court, where the burden of proof is actually much more favorable to the complainant/plaintiff than it would be for the DA in criminal court. So sometimes, depending upon the facts and circumstances of the case, a complainant who comes to them gets told to take the matter up in civil or family court.

The prosecutor in the jurisdiction where the crime occurred is the one that has jurisdiction over the case. If this forgery took place in Riviera Beach, then you went to the correct authorities. If it did not, then you did not approach the right people. If you did go to the correct agencies, why did they turn you away? Is Luis your spouse, for example? And are you already in divorce litigation in the Family Court system?