How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 12358
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Statute of limitations checks

Customer Question

statute of limitations for bogus checks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

The statute of limitations for writing a bogus check in Oklahoma is 5 years. See 22 Okl.St.Ann. § 152(f):
Prosecution for the crime of false or bogus check, Section 1541.1, 1541.2, 1541.3 or 1541.4 of Title 21 of the Oklahoma Statutes, shall be commenced within five (5) years after the commission of such offense.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my case is dated in 2005 and there is a bench warrent for me, what can I do?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hi again.

My suggestion would be to retain an attorney to file a Motion to Dismiss based on the expiration of the statute of limitations.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** do that, and if so how much?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

No, I'm sorry to say that the attorneys at this website, including me, can only answer legal questions. We are not permitted to represent the customers. However, you can find a qualified attorney through your local bar association. You should easily be able to find it through Google.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, thank you, ***** ***** a good day!
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

You're quite welcome. I wish you the best in dealing with this situation, and please remember to provide positive feedback.