How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26771
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was convicted, all at once, of 5 counts of theft 1 in

Customer Question

I was convicted, all at once, of 5 counts of theft 1 in Oregon in 2010. All for the same arrest/crime. I am wanting to get my record set aside, but the lingo is unclear. Are the 5 charges I plead guilty too consist of 1 conviction or 5 convictions.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.

This would depend upon how you were sentenced. If you pled only to the one charge, then it is one conviction. If you entered a plea to each of the five counts with the understanding that they would run concurrent (or consecutive), then you have five convictions. If you're not sure, you're going to need to order an official copy of your RAP sheet anyway as part of the expungement process, and you'll see how it was handled once you read it.

Oregon does not expunge. It only sets matters aside. The instructions are on the web. This may not be your county but your county will have similar forms that you could obtain from the clerk.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pled to all 5 charges. Originally, I had 7 but the DA made a deal with my lawyer and me for 5 charges and I pled guilty to all 5. The way the website reads is confusing. How do I order a copy of my RAP sheet?
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Actually, you don't need to obtain your RAPS. You do, however, need to be fingerprinted and they will obtain your record. The information is on the link I gave you. You'd get a fingerprint card from your local sheriff and make and appointment for the printing.

If you do want your RAPS you could order them through the FBI or through the Oregon State Police's public records unit. That's why you need the fingerprint card.