Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I was convicted, all at once, of 5 counts of theft 1 in

Customer Question
Oregon in 2010. All...
I was convicted, all at once, of 5 counts of theft 1 in Oregon in 2010. All for the same arrest/crime. I am wanting to get my record set aside, but the lingo is unclear. Are the 5 charges I plead guilty too consist of 1 conviction or 5 convictions.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
8/31/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.

This would depend upon how you were sentenced. If you pled only to the one charge, then it is one conviction. If you entered a plea to each of the five counts with the understanding that they would run concurrent (or consecutive), then you have five convictions. If you're not sure, you're going to need to order an official copy of your RAP sheet anyway as part of the expungement process, and you'll see how it was handled once you read it.

Oregon does not expunge. It only sets matters aside. The instructions are on the web. This may not be your county but your county will have similar forms that you could obtain from the clerk. http://courts.oregon.gov/Umatilla/pages/FormsExpungement.aspx

I pled to all 5 charges. Originally, I had 7 but the DA made a deal with my lawyer and me for 5 charges and I pled guilty to all 5. The way the website reads is confusing. How do I order a copy of my RAP sheet?

Actually, you don't need to obtain your RAPS. You do, however, need to be fingerprinted and they will obtain your record. The information is on the link I gave you. You'd get a fingerprint card from your local sheriff and make and appointment for the printing.

If you do want your RAPS you could order them through the FBI or through the Oregon State Police's public records unit. That's why you need the fingerprint card.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD