CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

My son was arrested one day ago violation. they say that he

Customer Question

my son was arrested one day ago for probation violation. they say that he has not made all the payments for either restitution and/or probation. But I do have all the receipts of money orders sent. what website can I use or what can I do to see if they match? and also are u accredited as an atty in Cobb Co. GA?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Unless the county which monitors his probation has an online website where a party can track and view their payment history, this would be something that HE has the request, since he is on probation and supervised by the State. He can ask his PO for a break down of the payments received/paid and cross reference it with the receipts that he has, showing payment. It is possible that they made an error and did not properly credit him and it is odd that if he missed one payment, that they would violate him right away, without notice or a warning. For a technical violation like this, it is unlikely that they would revoke his probation and put him in jail, especially if he has made a good faith effort or pay and any missed payments were not intentional. If anything, they would likely reinstate his probation and give him to come current on the payments.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.